I have a lot of time for American poets,
and Flarestack have published a few collections by US writers:
- MY JOURNEY AS AN UNHARMONIOUS BEING, by Jessica Harman -"urban girlie surrealism" illustrated with the author's drawings & photographs. Jessica, born in Montreal, lives in Brookline, Massachusetts, and works at Harvard Medical Centre. She was formerly editor of Matrix magazine.
- VALENCE, by Sarah Ruth Jacobs. Sarah is from Bangor, Maine. Her collection came out while she was a 21 year old, studying at Cornell University.
- THE OTHER SIDE OF THUNDER, by Donna Pucciani from Chicago, deals with the relationship between the human condition and the natural world - weather, the sea, the stars, creatures...
- WHAT YOU CANNOT HAVE, by Lucille Gang Shulklapper, a workshop leader for the Council for Florida Libraries and the Center for the Book.
- WHEN I WAS DEAD, by George Wallace, first Poet Laureate of Suffolk County, New York and editor of PoetryBay magazine. The influence of European surrealism meets that of the Beats in George's work.
TRYING NOT TO LOOK, by Roberta Burnett, an art critic from Arizona, and
CAPTIVE TO RESIDUE, by Ellen Rachlin from NYC
All our pamphlets ('chapbooks' to you, maybe) are available to US customers, at a price of $7.00 each (plus $2.00 for postage & packing). I will normally send books out with a dollar invoice which you can pay by simply mailing dollar bills - please don't send dollar checks, as our bank charges us an absurd fee just to handle them - or do get in touch to arrange a PayPal transaction.
- and you are welcome to join the growing number of US subscribers to OWP magazine, including the University Of Wisconsin at Madison, and the University of New York at Buffalo. If you're in New York City, remember there are copies filed at the Poets House.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for current overseas subscription rates
and remember Obsessed With Pipework magazine welcomes poetry submissions from the USA. See the submissions page of this site for address etc.