Did you know? That just by writing, you will turn your words into cash? Yes, it is possible. If you want to write a book, then go on! Start creating your ideas into reality, publish it, and create millions of copies to be sold in different countries.
However, it’s not as easy as that, especially if you have little experience in the world of writing. But if you want to hone your skills, start by writing what you love. Be it poetry, short stories, freelance writing, anything that you are fond of. What’s important is you have to keep going to keep the fire burning of your writing skills.
But if you want to create and maintain a financial foundation for your career as a writer, you need to think outside the box. You need to strategize something that is beyond yourself as a writer. You may want to ask yourself, “What can I do to encourage myself to write while earning at the same time?” And that brings us to our list below. What you can find here are seven ways to earn money while writing. Let’s dive in!
- Traditional Publishing
- A lot of authors see
traditional publishing as the most effective way to earn by creating their
works of art through writing. However, some reports show that at least 70% of
authors don’t earn much when opting for one. And that brings us to our second
- To succeed in self-publishing a
book, you need to strategize well. If you take a look at Kindle (Amazon’s
popular book service), you will notice a lot of authors are self-publishing
their own titles. But it’s not as simple as that. You cannot just write a book,
publish it, and hope people will find it. You need to strategize and market it
to gain customer attraction. If you don’t, then your creations will certainly
- Freelance Writing
- Another way to earn cash using
your writing skills is by doing freelance writing. It’s probably the easiest,
yet the most exhausting way to earn while writing. However, you don’t have to
be discouraged about that. If you already are a master of writing and have
perfectly honed your English skills, then freelance writing is just a walk in
the park. Not to mention, its wide range of benefits that can give you.
- If you enjoy creating quality
online content, then blogging is for you. But if ever you choose blogging for
your writing career, you need to be consistent on providing quality content for
your fans. In the blogging world, it’s not only you that is keeping your blog
alive; it’s your fans too.
- Editing/Related Writing Services
- If you’re a person that enjoys engaging with a group and discussing what works best and what doesn’t on creating a story, then you have a special place in the developmental editor area. If grammar correction is your thing, then you might be a copy editor. And if you are good at writing using someone else’s voice, then feel free to call yourself a ghostwriter.
- These writing-related services
mentioned are in-demand these days. However, before you can enter one, you must
strive hard to be noticed since the world of writing is like a huge arena where
competition seems to take on forever. With that said, sell yourself as a
writer! Fight for your skills whatever it takes!
- If you have the skills to form audible coherent word and sentences in public, then you might be a teacher in the making. Of course, it is a hard thing to do at first, but once you overcome your fears, a lot of doors will be opened and it’s up to you which one should you enter.
- Being a teacher also had its
benefits such as bigger pay and the ability to speak what you want everyone to
- If ever you are living in a county with myriads of publishing centers or writing-related business around town, then it’s best just to apply for a job there.
- If you want to create a business, then be “in” the business. Advantages include having your own workspace, as well as being around with people that have the same passion as yours. You will never work alone again at your home. Working outside in a publishing company is also a great way to make friends with the same profession. You never know, maybe you will find the love of your life in there.